Sunday, August 21, 2011

I MET GOD AT MUCHO LAKE

Sometimes, when we are rough camping I like to get up early and go outside and just listen to nature. We were camped on Muncho Lake on the Alaska highway and I woke early one morning . I fixed coffee and got Gus our ''guard Pappilon'' dog and we went out side to greet the new day. It was cold in the morning and I could see steam rising off the cup of coffee. Gus roamed around and made ''shame shame'' on a bush and decided he would warmer on my lap than running around so he came over and hopped on my lap. I had taken a seat cushion out of the boat and was sitting on a large rock along side the lake. Just sitting and sipping coffee and watching the world wake up. This lake is un real in beauty. Clear, cold and just like God made it. The sun had not yet cleared the mountains to the east of us but it was a bright sunny day promised. Gus curled up and resumed his nap and I sat and sipped coffee and listen to the earth breathe.
Up on the Alaska Highway you will find the most quiet you have ever seen in one place. You can sit and listen to your heart beat in your chest …..... Yep, done that... As I sat there an eagle or some sort of large bird started making lazy circles in the clear blue sky and the sun popped over a mountain top and cast a warm shadow on me and Gus. I sat there and thought about my life. The good things He had given me, the opportunities He had given me to be a success in life. He never made it easy or hard he just made it available for me to do with as I saw fit. He gave me a wonderful wife for 43 years and then He decided He needed her more than I did. Later He sent me Willa to fill the void and make my life with living again. He gave me friends and more memories than three or folks probably have to remember. Sometimes it is good to sit and reflect on your life and remember the good things and good times. I will say this that He never made it too easy. Sometimes when I would get ''too big for my britches'' He would thump me on the head just to let me know He was still ''in charge''...As I sat there in the cold, quiet morning I could swear that I could feel Him standing behind me. Just out of reach but standing there. I dared not look around but I could feel His presence.
The squawk of the eagle brought me back to reality Gus wiggled in my lap as Willa stuck her head out of the coach and questions me as to why I was sitting on a rock, in the cold morning air with a worthless dog on my lap when she was all warm and soft and cuddly and needing a partner to help keep the bed warm......... hehehehehehhehe.
End of story …........
ps. Go to Alaska …Boon dock the road..Taste the fresh air..Drink the beauty....See the world like the big Man made it in the beginning........

Seajay the sailor man
Report Post Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message Thanks

No comments:

Post a Comment