Saturday, August 20, 2011

HAVING TROUBLE SLEEPING

Since I have had a couple of heart attacks I try to watch my diet and sorta' eat right most of the time. Currently I am trying to lose about 20 pounds so I can see my feet again. With this in mind I believe that the reason I am having trouble sleeping is because of my mattress being too soft and I am sure someone on here can help me. Here goes.

Last evening Willa and I were going to the ''Cruise In'' and we decided to go to the Snack Bar for supper. It is a good ''home cooked meal type place'' with lots of goodies on the menu that are very yummie. Willa order Turkey with dressing, green beans, cream potatoes W/gravy and cornbread and tee. Being heart healthy conscious I ordered all you can eat salad. My first salad was kinda large and I had to ''dam up the sides with pickle slices and some banana peppers and a large hand full of croutons. I managed to just beat the height limitation of the serving bars glass by tipping it slightly sideways and walking slow back to the table.
''Glad to see you are eating right(?) these days dear'' she said.
Her food came and we ate in silence. Willa is kinda of a slow eater and my salad had a lot of hollow places in it with lots of voids and air pockets and stuff like that and when I got thru I got another plate and made another salad because I was still hungry and I had to wait on Willa anyhow. Willa finished her meal before me and she left a piece of cornbread and since I dont believe in being WASTEFUL, I finished her cornbread with my salad. I felt better eating heart healthy.........
We drove over to the ''Cruise In'' and found a place to park. The night air had a chill to it and I asked Willa if she would like a coffee from the snack bar and she said yeah so I went up and got her a small coffee and the French Vanilla Capichino machine on the counter bumped my hand and so I ordered me a ''double thick, frosted top, extra large capichino. I got it because it was cool outside and I knew I would be out walking around talking to folks and looking at cars. All went well. We enjoyed the ''Cruise In'' and came home about nine thirty. As I walked thru the kitchen I noticed a Large jar of KOsher Dill pickles so I speared me a nice big one, went in and turned on the TV. MY three dogs love Kosher Dills so I shared a tiny bite with each puppie. (I dont like to mess up their delicate digestive system). I finished the large pickle and as I was walking into the kitchen, I noticed a new German Chocolate Cake on the counter and temptation overcame me and I took out a ''tiny'' (four finger wide) slice of cake and headed back to the living room and the TV. Willa was in the computer room working on something. She asked if I was ''munchin''. I told her yeah ,,,,,,,,'' I had a kosher pickle''.. (cough, cough).... The cake was to die for and I scraped out the plate to destroy the evidence. I carried the plate back to the dishwasher and hid it among the other dishes. I noticed that I had accidentally left the lid off the pickle jar and I decided another Kosher Pickle would hide the cake on my breath so I speared another big one and got another paper towell to catch the drippings and went back to the TV. Finishing the pickle I was carrying the paper towel to the kitchen trash can and I noticed that Willa had left one of the cabinet doors open. Upon investigation I noticed a medium size can of Port Said Pickled Herring packed in oil was about to fall off the shelf so I grabbed them and they stuck to my hand because of my grip on them. I took them over to the sink and ''rolled the lid'' and dumped the oil down the sink with lots of water following behind. I snowed the herring with salt and blackened it with fresh pepper, grabbed a stack of saltines and hit for the living room with three dogs in tow close behind. (they love herring)
Willa asked thru the computer room door if I was ''snackin'' and I said a little and she said be sure to clean up your ''Mess''......... OK dear.......
The Herring was to die for. Just right with lots of salt and pepper and so yummie they are sinful.... I ate the herring and gave the puppies a cracker each. I finished the ''fish'' carried the can back to the kitchen and washed out the can to kill the ''smell'' and hid it in the trash real deep...
As I headed back toward the TV I noticed that Willa had bought some of that cereal called ''Honey Nut Clusters'' heart healthy food so I grabbed the large family size box and headed for my recliner. (three dogs at my heels again) I ''ripped the top'' and started eating the delicious cereal dry. It has a sweet honey flavor with little lumpie things made out of some kind of grain and honey. Really good. Willa came in the living room and commented on the fact that I sure was ''eating healthy'' and trying to lose a little weight and she was proud of me and would I share the box of ''Honey Nut Clusters'' with her and I said NO. She went and got the other box and we watched Tv for a while and I kinda wiped out about half a family size box of cereal by my self. About eleven I decided to go to bed and Willa said she would finish a chapter in her book and follow along shortly. I went in the bedroom, laid down on the bed and just could not get comfortable. I rolled and tossed and just could not go to sleep. I finally gave it up and went back to my recliner, got my blanket and curled up in my recliner so I could sleep sitting up slightly.

Here is my question........ DO YOU GUYS THINK MY MATTRESS COULD BE TOO SOFT?
I will pay ten cents for really good ideas concerning this situation.
I will pay five cents for thoughts on possible solutions concerning this problem.
I wont pay anything for dumb looks or drooling..

No comments:

Post a Comment