Sunday, August 21, 2011

I MUST BE GETTING OLD

I must be getting old because some things that never bothered me seem to make me shed tears very easily.
Example...... the other day I was over to the Mall getting Willa a Christmas present and I saw a young man in desert camo and a barrette. He was walking along looking in windows and when he turned around I saluted him smartly and it was then that I noticed that his left hand was missing. It was all I could do to talk but I thanked him for his service to my country as I shook hands with him. He asked me if I was ok and I said sure but inside I was coming apart like a cheap watch in a washing machine. I managed to hold it together until he left and I sneaked in the bathroom and washed my face to hid the tears.
If I go to the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier and watch the changing of the changing of the guard I better carry tissue cause it really gets to me. Arlington will do the same thing. I can touch the crosses and come all apart like that cheap watch...
I can read articles on here and sometimes they really hit home to me.
I can hear about our ''youngest and finest'' getting killed over in the ''sand box'' and it really gets to me and it is not possible for me to watch a military funeral on tv without getting upset.

Someone help me with this. Am I the only one that this bothers. Am I the only ''Fully Grown'' man that will shed a tear over something like this.

I guess I am just getting old ..........

God bless our troops and bring them home safe and real soon ....
Thanks Vets for my freedom ....

No comments:

Post a Comment