Saturday, August 20, 2011

GYPSY LOVES ME

She sneaks in bed with me about every morning. She tip toes in and quietly assumes a place in my arms. Sometimes she will softly sneak up to my pillow and give me a butter fly kiss on the cheek before she lays down for me to cuddle her. She loves to have her belly scratched very softly. She will stretch out and lay on her back to expose her soft tummy and look at me with big brown eyes and sometimes give me another kiss on the chin when I am rubbing just right on her tummy. Often times she will doze off laying in my arms knowing I will watch over her and let no harm come to her as she sleeps peacefully resting her head on my arm. Sometimes I will just lay there and watch her sleep. I listen to her breathing and remember all the tribulations she has gone thru in her life. She was never appreciated or loved or even cared for by the previous man in her life. She was mistreated and simply tossed away like yesterdays garbage when she was of no use any longer. She came into my life by pure accident. It was fate that brought her to me and a love was born when I first looked into those big brown eyes.


We have been together for a long time now. Each of us learning from the other and each of us giving and getting love and comfort from the other. About every day we will walk together. No particular destination or purpose of the walk just the ambiance of togetherness and the trust in each other that we, each will keep the other safe regardless of unknown circumstances. I can feel the warmth of her love for me and I just know she feels the same. She will stroll along looking at me and I feel wonderful to be in her company. Sometimes folks will stop us and tell us what a cute couple we are and how they so admire her for her charm, that pretty face and those ever present big brown eyes that will just melt your heart.


Every day I thank God for bringing her into my life and it is my prayer that she will be with me until I die. When that eventually happens I have made instructions that I should be cremated and at her death she will be cremated and our ashes mixed together and we shall spend eternity wrapped in each others arms forever along with Willa, Gus and Finnie ...........
Did I mention that ''her'' name is Gypsy, our ''toy'' Yorkshire Terrier that Willa found on the side of the road?


God bless our troops and bring them home soon and safe …...

No comments:

Post a Comment