Sunday, August 21, 2011

THE ''BLUE MOON SALOON''

Understand this...... WE LOVED MONTANA.... It is one of the few states where you can drive for thirty minutes and NOT SEE NOTHIN'...... NO CARS, NO TRUCK, NO RAILROAD, NO TELEPHONE POLES, NO HOUSES, NO PEOPLE......... NOTHING....
Willa and I were crossing Montana and we had that experience of ''BEING ALONE'' We rode and rode and we were the only people anywhere.......HUMMMMMMM... ''where did everyone go''?
I will relate one quick story about the time that three friends and myself rode motorcycles across this great nation form Nc to Washington state.
We were crossing Montana and it occurred to us that we had not seen a gas station for some time. We communicated via c.b. radios and discovered that each of us was below one quarter of a tank of fuel........ oh shux.......
We ambled on afraid to go back and not being sure what was ahead. Some time later my ''reserve'' light came on and I knew I was down to less than half a gallon of gas. My three friends were in the same situation............
We finally saw a sign that said ''BLUE MOON SALOON'', turn here. We turned with the hope that they also sold gas.
The BLUE MOON SALOON was a very low structure made from lodge pole pine logs, it looked abandoned.........
We pulled into the parking lot next to the single gas pump. I went up to the door and knocked........
A lady that looked to be about 300 years old opened the door and asked ''What the ''H'' do you want?'' I replied that we needed gasoline for our motorcycles ..... She waddled toward the back and flipped a fuze box on. She informed me that we would have to pump our own gas and she didnt take no checks, credit cards or I.O.U.'s.........CASH ON THE BARREL HEAD...NO EXCEPTIONS...
The interior of this place was something to see. It was dimly lit with a sign behind the bar that said .... THIS IS MY DAMN BAR AND I WILL RUN IT ANY DAMN WAY I PLEASE.... Under the sign was a large double barrel shot gun hanging in two horse shoes. I offhandedly asked if it was possible to get something to eat and she replied that ''this is a saloon, not Mc Donalds''......
We paid for our gas and headed east.......
Word to the wise...... When you get down to half a tank of gas........ fillup at the next opportunity .......
Seajay the sailor man

No comments:

Post a Comment