Sunday, August 21, 2011

''ARE YOU OK''

I am sure that like me, many of you dream. We all do. They say that dreams are necessary to maintain our sanity and give our minds a ''vacation'' from the reality of life. Like you, most of my dreams are not so vivid and most of them are mere pieces of remembered thoughts which seldom make real ''seance'' in their content. If you are like me, you dream and wake and can not really remember exactly ''how the dream went'' or what was the story of the dream. To me this is very frustrating. I once dreamed that I was eating a very large marsh-mellow and when I woke up........ MY PILLOW WAS MISSING …....lol......(I'm teasing of course)(over half my pillow was still there and I was very thirsty.)....lol...


In my life I have had three really vivid dreams that I remember in seemingly every detail. One was of my mom and dad after their deaths and two concerned my first wife Linda, after her death in 03. Let me say this here and now. I do not put any real ''value'' or credence in dreams. I do not believe they are ''tellers of the future'' or regrets of the past we may have or omens or any other supernatural indicators of any kind or in any way. They are just exercises of the mind while our bodies are at rest.
Anyhow, here is one of my most vivid dreams..
Willa and I had been married a little less than a year. We had finally moved from the guest bed room to the master bed room and had settled into our new life together. All was well with us and life was good. One night as I lay in deep sleep this is the dream as I remember it.


''Willa and I love to shoot the rifle and we were down to the creek taking target practice at blocks of wood and such and we heard small children coming up the creek bank behind us. We stopped shooting as kids appeared behind us and we noticed that my sister-in-law was with about a dozen kids as they frolicked along the creek bank. Betty approached us and told us that she had brought her Sunday school class down to the creek for an outing. The kids were laughing and throwing things in the water and doing what kids do. She ''mother goosed'' the kids along and we assured her that we would ''hold fire'' until we were sure they were well out of range. As she went round a bend in the creek bank she looked back at me and said there was someone following along that I might like to see. I said Ok and Betty disappeared around the bend. Willa and I both turned and look down the creek bank and saw a lady walking toward us. The lady was my first wife Linda. Please understand this. My wife Linda was a beautiful lady. She was about 5 feet five inches, 115 pounds with auburn hair and green eyes that could cut you in half is she was mad at you. In my dream she was dressed in a blouse and jeans, her long auburn hair perfectly done and she looked to be perhaps 30 years old. I stood there spellbound as she walked up to Willa and myself. She stopped maybe 3 feet in front of me and smiled. I stood there dumbstruck. I finally found my voice and started to say........''Babe, uh, this is my new wife Willa,uhhhhh,,,,,,,''
She held up her hand and stopped me mid sentence …....
''There is no need to introduce this lady to me, I already know her''.................. ''I am the one that sent her to you''...........
She smiled again, turned on her heel and proceeded up the creek bank and out of sight around the bend in the creek.
The next thing I knew was that I was setting bolt upright in bed with Willa shaking my arm asking me if I was ok.......
I assured Willa that I was fine and we sat there in the bed and I related what I had just dreamed. I asked Willa if I had been talking in my sleep and she said no. She said what had awaken her was me bolting upright in bed.
That was my dream that night and it was as real as life and I do swear that it happened this way. I still think of it occasionally. This was the second time I dreamed about my first wife Linda. The first dream was a short time after Linda's death. It occurred during what I called my ''dark time'' when life meant nothing to me and I could see no real reason to stay alive. During the ''dark time'' I slept on our sofa with a friend named S./W. under the pillow and I lived life sometimes one minute at a time. The first dream was just as vivid as this one but on an entirely different subject matter.
I will say this... My Willa is my life and my love now just as Linda was before she died. My Willa understands that there is still a place in my heart that Lindas memory occupies. You don't love someone for 43 years and not have a special place for them in your memories.
Such is life I guess ….
Seajay the sailor man

No comments:

Post a Comment