Sunday, August 21, 2011

BOON DOCKIN ON THE ALCAN

Back in 05 Willa and I, in our coach and my cousin Earl and his lady Linda in his home built trailer went to Alaska. On the Alcan they talked us into doing some boon docking and we loved it. We would ''rough it'' for three or four days and then hit a campground for a ''long shower'' and a pottie dump for one night and then do it all over again. Along the Alcan there are many '''wide places'' along the side of the road. They seem to keep the road side trimmed back some one hundred feet in a lot of places and more than that in others. You will find wonderful campsights along streams and rivers that will make you cry just to see them. You will meet other campers boon docking along the way and they are always friendly and we would always ask if we could join in and they always said yes. Many would share fresh caught trout for supper and there was always a campfire in the evening with lots of talk and ''tall tails'' and the occasional Rum and Coke.
We never ever put anything on the ground except foot prints and ashes from the fire. NO TRASH, NO GRAY WATER............ NOTHING....... Sadly, we pulled into one spot and found trash and gray water dumped on the ground. We cleaned up the trash and we shoveled over the gray water dump. I told Willa that if I caught someone ''messing up paradise'' I would photograph them and turn them into the nearest ranger for prosecution.
We are heading back to Alaska this summer and we will boon dock a lot of the time. You can buy a Milepost and you will find towns with dump stations and fresh water refills.
If you have never woke up early in the morning and had coffee as a momma Moose and her calf walk by your coach, you aint lived yet..
Seajay the sailor man
God bless our troops and bring them home soon and safe
God bless our vets for their service to this great nation
ps. one more thing...... If you boon dock NEVER PUT ANYTHING ON THE GROUND. I have seen stupid people dump gray water in Walmart parking lots and in rest areas on the side of the Innerstates. I saw one guy dumping gray and he got ''huffie'' .... I told him that idiots like him spoiled it for the rest of us. He invited me to ''mind my own business'' and I invited him to have a '' aironitical intimate love session'' with himself. I took video of his rig and the dump water. I told him that I would be glad to turn this over to the powers to be and see their reaction. He left the parking lot for parts unknown. (i just hate stupid people, dont you?)

No comments:

Post a Comment